Rechercher dans ce blog

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Dolly Parton Says She Wears High Heels While Cooking Because Of Course She Does - Delish.com

talu.indah.link

Is there anything Dolly Parton can't do? She's written and sung plenty of hit songs, has a new Christmas album, movies, a theme park, and has even helped to fund a COVID-19 vaccine. She's basically a superhuman, as far as we're concerned. In a recent interview, she confirmed that by stating that she pretty much always wears high heels...even when cooking.

The singer was interviewed by drag icon RuPaul for Marie Claire this month and the two chatted about everything from spirituality to their morning routines to all her upcoming Christmas projects. But of course, we're here for the food, and Dolly gave us plenty of insight into that too.

First up, RuPaul asked Dolly what she ate for breakfast that morning and it sounded like she made a whole spread of delicious food: "...This morning I made breakfast for my husband and me. I made some sausage patties, and I baked some biscuits, and I made some milk gravy. He likes that once in a while. Now, I can’t eat like that all the time, but I enjoy eating it when I do." (She also shared that milk gravy recipe with The TODAY Show in case you're looking to make it for yourself).

RuPaul went on to ask Dolly if she made all that while wearing her high heels, and she had the best response: "I always wear my high heels. Don’t you?" RuPaul said that he doesn't, and takes "all that stuff off" presumably when he is done performing. Not Dolly, though!

"Well, I don’t. I have to always stay ready—street ready, I always say. I have to keep my makeup on and keep my hair done. Like, when I’m in L.A.—I’ve told you about it—if it’s going to earthquake, if we get an earthquake, I’m not running out in the street looking like you look now. I have to be ambulance-ready at all times, if I get sick or something," she said.

She went on to say that wearing high-heels while she's cooking is actually pretty practical because she's short and it helps her reach the cabinets. That said, she added that really she wears that stuff because she wants to...so the rest of us need not feel pressured.

"I always enjoy wearing the shoes too, and I just feel more like me. But I can come down, though. I’m comfortable in my own skin; I’m comfortable with my image. I dress for myself more than I do for somebody else," she said.

You can read their full interview in Marie Claire here.

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io

The Link Lonk


December 11, 2020 at 04:17AM
https://ift.tt/387K8or

Dolly Parton Says She Wears High Heels While Cooking Because Of Course She Does - Delish.com

https://ift.tt/3ivRO87
High Heels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Kim Kardashian West Tests the Limits of the Vatican Dress Code - The Cut

talu.indah.link Photo: Getty Images for ABA Kim Kardashian West visited the Vatican today and unsurprisingly did not follow the dress...

Popular Posts